PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’S):
The Educational Objectives of UG Program in Mechanical Engineering are:
- MEPEO1: To prepare the students for Successful professional careers with strong fundamental knowledge in Science, Mathematics, English and Engineering Sciences so as to enable them to analyze the Mechanical Engineering related problems leading to leadership, entrepreneurship or pursuing higher education (Preparation).
- MEPEO2: To develop ability among the students for acquiring technical knowledge in specialized areas of Mechanical Engineering such as Materials, Design, Manufacturing and Thermal Engineering with a focus on research and innovation and gaining the technical skills in classical software packages (Core competence and professionalism).
- MEPEO3: To provide opportunities for the students to work with multidiscipline field of engineering so as to enlarge the ability among the students to understand the different industrial environments (Breadth).
- MEPEO4: To promote the students for continuous learning, research and development with strong professional, moral and ethical values and zeal for life-long learning. (Learning environment)
PROGRAM OUTCOMES [PO`s]
The students after successful completion of the course will acquire:
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: An ability to apply basic knowledge of science, mathematics and engineering fundamentals in the field of Mechanical Engineering
- PO2. Problem analysis: An ability to identify, formulate, review research literature and analyze mechanical engineering problems using basics principles of science, mathematics and engineering
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: An ability to design for complex mechanical engineering problems using basic design concepts, analyze and process to meet the desired needs with in realistic constraints such as manufacturability , durability, sustainability and economy with appropriate consideration for the public health, safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: An ability to design and conduct experiments using research-based knowledge and methods including design of experiments, analyze, interpret the data and results with valid conclusion.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: An ability to apply the modern tools and apply appropriate techniques to synthesize, model, design, analyze, verify and optimize to solve complex mechanical engineering problems within defined specification by using suitable modern tools to satisfy the needs of the society within realistic constraints such as social, economical, political, ethical, health, safety and manufacturing.
- PO6. The Engineer and Society: An ability to understand the impact of mechanical engineering solutions globally, in terms economic, societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: An ability to understand the principles, commitment and practice to improve product sustainable development globally in mechanical engineering with minimal environmental effect.
- PO8. Ethics: An ability to understand and apply ethical principles and commitment to address professional ethical responsibilities of an engineer.
- PO9. Individual and team work: An ability to function efficiently as an individual and as a group member in a team in multidisciplinary activities
- PO10. Communication: An ability to communicate, comprehend and present effectively with engineering community and the society at large on complex engineering activities by receiving clear instructions for preparing effective reports and design documentation.
- PO11. Project management and finance: An ability to acquire and demonstrate the knowledge of contemporary issues related to finance and managerial skills to bring up entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship.
- PO12. Life-long learning: An ability to recognize and adapt to emerging field of application in engineering and technology by developing self-confidence for continuing education and lifelong learning process.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
The graduates of Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering Programme will be able to:
- MEPO1: Demonstrate the basic knowledge of science, mathematics, material Science, Engineering and technology to formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems
- MEPO2: Design, synthesis and analyze mechanical, fluid, thermal and multidisciplinary component or systems by adopting analytical, numerical and experimental techniques.
- MEPO3: Function as an independent or as a team member in multidisciplinary activities teams with good professional and communication skills
- MEPO4: Recognize and adapt to emerging field of application in engineering and technology and develop self-confidence for continuing education and lifelong learning process
- MEPO5: Understand the human value and commitment to serve the society.